Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Two Percent

You know what?

I'm gonna back off on my opinions.
In fact I'm going to back off answering any opinions to the best of my ability from now on.

The fact is that I live in a very stable and comfortable bubble. I despise drama in any shape and/or form.

I cut drama from my life like a cancer. There have been many, many people that were in my life that no longer are. I have friends but I can count them on one hand. I am very particular about who I call friend. I am a stuck up pretentious bitch. I know it. I get on nerves and piss people off with my personal opinions because I am an elitist and a two percenter. I know for a fact that most people will not agree with a thing I say simply because most people can not live like me.

I apologize for succumbing to my urges to offer my opinions. I just can't do what most would. I can't live my life that way.

The fact is that my friends know this about me and accept it. It is the reason my first wife left me and my kids hate me. Can you imagine how much I expected from them? When you are like me everyone disappoints.

I am this way in a large part due to genetics but in an even greater way it is due to my parents. Failure has never been an option. Best was always an expectation.

The whole concept is exhausting. If I could change that part of me I would. My standards simply won't let me.

So if I come across condescending it is because, in my eyes, I have earned that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment