Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Response

Response to comment:
http://elizabethserenitybliss.blogspot.com/2011/04/aw-hell.html?showComment=1332179991422#c6413484019556285834

I would agree if this were a perfect world. However it is not. Hell if the world were perfect I wouldn't have been born male.

To your point. Rape crisis centers barely have enough funding to function. There will never be enough money to run MTF only rape centers.

You are missing one vital fact in your point of view. I was born female, in a male body. Why should I be denied women-only spaces? Why should I be denied equal rights? Why should I be treated as less than human?

The motives are simply equal rights. Nothing more, we aren't asking for anything more than the rights you enjoy as a woman. There are only 15 states where it is illegal to discriminate against trans men and women.

http://www.thetaskforce.org/downloads/reports/issue_maps/non_discrimination_1_12_color.pdf

We do not enjoy the protections of the bill of rights. We serve in the military and pay taxes yet we are treated as less than human.

One in 12 transgender women are murdered. Forty one percent of us commit suicide due to external social pressures.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40279043/ns/health-health_care/t/transgender-americans-face-high-suicide-risk/#.T8SedVKw8tU

That means half of us die because we are trans. 49% of us die because we were born different. What is being done about it? Nothing. 26% of us report being physically assaulted and 50% don't report it. I know I didn't report it. That isn't even including the daily beatings I took in grade school before I even understood what it was for. The girls in my class even told me to use their bathroom so I wouldn't get beaten up anymore. That was in 2nd grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment